From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Scott Howell
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 8:31 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: A warning about Digit-Eyes

Bryan,

I have used this application successfully with several types of packages. I
have found cans to be particularly tricky. I can tell you that my greatest
success seem to be starting out with my 3GS against the item, and once I
started the scan, slowly back the phone away from the item. Again, this worked
for me on several items. I have not run all over the house grabbing everything
with a barcode, so I can't say that I have encountered every possible packaging
type and this refers to shiny packaging, different color combinations, etc. I
don't even know for sure if these are factors. I agree it would be nice if an
external laser barcode reader could be used because this would seriously speed
up the process of scanning items in a store etc. I put that suggestion out
there and not sure if it will be considered or not. I realize carrying such a
device does defeat some of the purpose perhaps, but it does allow for
additional opportunities, such as someone who maintains inventory etc. Perhaps
you have and if not, share your experiences and suggestion.