Hoping someone can help hear.
I'm not shore what's happening, so I'll try to explain as best I  can.
 I turned my Mac on this morning to find that  voiceover  won't read
by letter's when I use the left and right arrow keys, it will only
read by words.
Also using  tables seams    be acting strangely, but I cant quite pin point how.
I think I've turned something on  or off by mistake, but can't for the
life of me work out what r how to fix it.
The only way I can get it to read by letter's is to hold down shift vo
command  and then press left or right arrow, I used to be able to just
use the arrow keys on there own in text edit to read by letter.
The arrow keys just aren't acting like the usually would. It's
incredably frustrating torying to work like this.
 Everything in voiceover utilities seams to be set rite.
Does anyone no what I might have done?
Thanks for any help,
Kari.