I'm replying with the error message. it is the following I managed to reproduce
when plugging in the drive. Now mind you this thing works very well, flawlessly
in fact under windows.

NTFS-3G could not mount /dev/disk1s5
at /Volumes/Untitled because the following problem occurred:

$MFTMirr does not match $MFT (record 0).
Failed to mount '/dev/rdisk1s5': Input/output error
NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a
SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows
then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very
important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate
it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g.
/dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation
for more details.

Ok what does this mean? And how can I fix it?