Just...  Remeber one thing.
If you have a windows virtual machine running when you connect your iPhone,
prepare for a really hard time fixing the iPhone, as it breaks the entire os if
it's installing and the virtual machine connects it.
If you have to use the virtual machine when updating your iPhone, go into the
machine's settings, go to USB devices, and turn off the automatic connections
of USB devices.
The virtual machine also has to be shut down for you to go and modify the
settings for it.