It has been my experience that even if accessibility did know about an
upcoming feature, (Which they probably won't), they will be unable to
tell you about it; it's just the way that Apple works.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss of sight; but in this situation, I
think it would be best if you were to return the unit and get a
refund.