I  had a co-worker send me a Microsoft word file with documentation on
a process I am supposed to implement.   Jaws however just says "empty
page" for all four pages.  I am therefore assuming that screen image
captures were pushed into word.  I don't really wnat to ask for a
resend of the document, so using my XP system with JAWS 11, NVDA  and
MS office 2003 and my Macintosh with ABBY, iWork, WebKit and latest
version of Snow Leopard, what are the best approaches to get data back
out of the word document and into my mind?

The PC also has "printers" from MS called   "Office Document Writer"

Best regards,

Jon