Theres not really any point in backing up the ios installers.
1: If your thinking of being able to downgrade to something older
using this method then it won't work.
2: If you're worried that you might some how break your phone and are
wanting to preserve the files to do a factory restore theres no point
since iTunes takes care of this for you.