Hi Scott,

oh no! Sorry! :-) Now I know the problem. The key between CTRL and CMD is
called Alt key on german keyboards. But on your US-keyboard it's called Option.
I've forgotten that. So it's my fault. Sorry again.

So you have to press Option + Enter to edit the cell in Numbers on german
keyboards.

All the best from quite snowy Germany
Jürgen