Hi.  at the moment, we've got garage band and pro tools.  Hopefully logic
will be following at some point in the future.

Cameron.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Austin Seraphin
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2010 2:47 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Making Music on a Mac

Well for the curious trying to install  iLife from the USB stick that came
with my Air onto my iMac didn't work. "This software is not compatible with
your computer." It knows!
I just went ahead and purchased a copy, it seemed like a good enough
starting place, but I remain open to any and all suggestions.

On Dec 30, 2010, at 6:56 AM, f10r14n wrote:

> Garage band seems to be accessible enough nowadays.
>
> About iLife, I'm not sure. I can't remember if you get a dvd with that
> software with your macs ...if so, i guess you could just install iLife
> on the iMac as well.
>
> On Dec 30, 7:02 am, Austin Seraphin <aus...@behindthecurtain.us>
> wrote:
>> It always amazes me how Mac users have a family vibe. We feel empathy
when we hear of the death of a fellow Mac user. Because of this, I first
wanted to pass on the sad news that a long-time Mac user and professional
musician has passed away. Peter "Sleazy" Christopherson helped found such
legendary industrial bands as Throbbing Gristle, Psychic TV, and Coil. He
died in his sleep on November 24th.

>> While reflecting and self-reflecting upon these reflections, I decided
that this marked the time to finally get into making music on my beautiful
iMac. I've started using Amadeus Pro at the excellent recommendation of list
members. That does multi-track editing. Now I guess I need a sequencer. I
don't even know exactly what I want. I created .mod files as a teen-ager, if
anyone remembers those. I also toyed with some Windows sequencing before my
installation crashed fabulously for the final time.

>> I've heard about the new Garage Band, supposedly with improved
accessibility. One guy told me he didn't find it so, but others seem to like
it. I've also seen some other music programs in the Apple store and
elsewhere. I want something I can easily learn, something with which I can
start making trance music as soon as possible, and something that will give
me room to grow, with a shallow learning curve. I also plan to do strange
and wonderful things with instruments, including using sacred mathematical
scales, as  researched by Hans Cousto.http://akashaproject.degives examples
of this. I'd appreciate any recommendations anyone may have. No doubt others
have asked similar questions, so I apologize in advance.

>>  - Austin
>>
>> PS: I have iLife 11 on my MacBook Air. I would rather have it on my iMac.
I wonder if I could just transfer it from one machine to another? If not I
guess I'd have to pay the $49 if I want to go that route.