Lets be honest, the fast speech bug probably isn't going to be fixed.
I've noticed and perhaps it's just me beeing picky, but apples bug
pattern for ios goes something like:
Release new version of ios.
Fix 1 or 2 bugs that were introduced in the previous version.
Introduce a few more.
Repeat.

Don't get me wrong, ios is probably the best operating system for a
phone that there is, but accessibility must have got hundreds of
emails from us about that fast speech bug, so I'm not hopefull.