Hello everyone,

Here's something I worked out with the help of my sighted husband earlier today.

Dragging files from one window to another

Trackpad Commander must be off for this to work

• Open the folder containing the file to be moved and open the target folder in
a separate window;
• Go to the target folder window and hide the sidebar (Cmd-Opt-S);
• Move the target window up as far as possible (VO-` (accent) followed by up
arrow until it can't go any further, then press Escape);
• Make target window as big as possible using the Resize command (VO-Shift-`
(accent)), this command gives you two options: move right edge, and move bottom
edge. Do each of these in turn using the right arrow to move the right edge as
far to the right as possible, and the down arrow to move the bottom edge as far
down as possible. VO will not let you push them off the screen. You have to hit
Escape after each operation;
• Switch to the source window and move it to the left until it's less than 10
mm or pixels right (you'll need to pay attention to what VO is saying);
• Select the file or files to be moved;
• turn cursor tracking off;
• Make sure that the mouse is on one of the selected files;
• Press down on the trackpad with your thumb and keep it pressed as you stroke
to the right with one finger several times (you can't go too far or too fast);
• When you release your thumb, you should hear the sound of files dropping.

You can check that it has worked by going to the Edit menu to see what Undo is
offering. Obviously, if it wasn't what you intended, you can just perform the
Undo command.

If you have an older MacBook without the multi-touch trackpad as I have, hold
down the trackpad button instead of pressing on the trackpad itself.

Cheers,

Anne