Cortney,

I have not seen any voice memo feature on the 6th Gen.

That is not to say that it is not there; I hate giving absolute answers as it
is so easy to miss something.  The best way to learn for certain if no one can
answer for certain is to check out the CNET reviews.  They are pretty thorough
with regard to device features.

Mark