Scott,

Usually using Windows through the VM is fine. However, sometimes one might want to be able to dedicate all of the machine's memory and processing power to something they need to do on the Windows machine. In those cases it is nice to be able to boot directly into Windows and not loose any memory or processing power to having Snow Leopard running in the background. It actually works very nicely on MacBook Pro 15 and MacBook Pro 17. It is particularly handy for the person that may be running a bit light on RAM; like someone only running with two gigabytes of RAM.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Howell" <scottn3...@gmail.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 6:48 AM
Subject: Re: scanning and the mac

Earle,

That just solves the problem, only go the way of the VM. See the VM is supreme since you can close Windows when it acts poorly. :) Actually I have been very pleased with the entire concept of the VM and now I can actually enjoy only using the things in windows I absolutely must. However, I would like to just stay in the Mac environment if I had my choice.
Scott