Hi Sarah,

I see only one chance: Delete the file
Users / Your User / Library / preferences / com.apple.mail.plist

After deleting all accounts and settings are also deleted. So you could cut the
file and move it to another folder, just in case you want to restore the
settings and the accounts. If so you need to move the file back to that folder.

Does it work?

Jürgen