Hello!

I am trying to figure something out in Amadeus. It's like what you want to do.
First of all let me explain how you select a specific track (or at least how I
got it to work):
1. Open each file you want to use in your podcast.
2. They will come up as stand-alone-windows. What you need to do is to copy
them to the clipboard and then into your original project. When you want to
paste remember to press command-option-v so a new track is created.
It will be created (as Jürgen wrote) where your are in the document,   or
rather where your insertion point is placed.
Ok, now we got all the files into one project haven't we?
Right, now we need to find out, how we can edit a single track. Actually there
are two ways to do this:
A The first one is to use Voiceover to select the track. You'll need to
interact with the scroll area. Here you will find all your tracks. This is
shown by the following things:
the disclowser tryangle button which you can ignore. It's a graphical thing.
What you're interested in is the edit box. Here you can type a name for your
track, hopefully it makes it easier for you to figure out which track you are
at. NOTE!
When you paste a new track into an existing project remember that this track is
selected for editing. Sorry, we were talking about naming the tracks and
selecting them for editing.
Simply find the edit box with the name of the track you want to edit. Stop
interaction with the scroll area and them hit voiceover-command-f5 to    route
the mouse cursor to the scroll area. Then press voiceover-shift-space bar to
click.
Now your track is selected for editing.
You could also simply press the letter n as in november but this only shows
which track you are at, so I would use the method described above.
I would like to get in touch with you off-list. I have only used Amadeus for
three months or so, but I suppose we both want total control over as much as
possible when doing our editing? Perhaps we can help each other a bit as time
goes by.

Best regards
Thomas