there is little to know defragmenting needed, and the mac doesn't use a registry. Repair permissions and check the disk using disc utility. Then under applications in utilities, go into terminal. In the terminal, type this:
sudo periodic daily weekly monthly
press enter, type your password, and press enter again. that'll run the mac's built in maintanance scripts.
ash