From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of ShamelessFanGirl
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 11:28 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: macbook pro specks?

        Hello Dickson,

This is perfectly geeky in all the best ways. :) Thanks so much for sharing,
and in spite of what I said earlier regarding size, etc, I'm in your camp on
this one as well.

Have a fabulous afternoon

Twitter: @IndigoCellist

Skype: shameless_FanGirl

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 15, 2011, at 11:16 AM, "Dickson Tan" <dickson.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've found this ridiculously long, 21-page review (which is very good,
> with all the techy details you could want). This review talks about
> all the new macs, the 13 and 15 inch models. I highly recommend
> reading through the whole thing.
>
> http://www.anandtech.com/print/4205
>
> If I were getting a new sandybridge macbook, I would get the 15"
> high-end configuration option.

the sort of person who pushes my system hard, simply to watch it surpass
expectation.

> Thanks for any/all input, and for that given so far.
>

> Twitter: @IndigoCellist
>
> Skype: shameless_FanGirl
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 15, 2011, at 8:42 AM, "Dickson Tan" <dickson.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can you tell me, in as much detail as possible, what you can remember
>> of the specs of the 2 macbook pros you are thinking of buying?
>>
>> If performance is important to you, then getting a 2nd generation
>> core
>> I7 quad core processor (also known as a sandybridge processor is the
>> way
> to go.
>> When looking at the internal hard drive, the 7200RPM hard drives
>> perform better than their 5400RPM counterparts or if you really want
>> even better performance, then get a solid state drive (though it is
>> very expensive), the performance of an SSD is unparralelled. You'd
>> also want to get 4gb of ddr3 ram, running at 1366mhz or more, if
>> you're
> running a 64-bit system.

CPU's speed.