Hi folks.
I was deleting files from my beloved digital recorder today and had my virtual
machine up. It's a vmware virtual machine running Windows XP. I decided to do
some experimenting so i looked on my recorder from the PC side of things and in
the root of the memory was some files that the mac had left on the recorder,
namely some hidden files called .trashes, _.trashes, .Spotlight-v100 etc. I
think that those .trashes files have the same function as what windows do on an
external hard drive or a partition when it puts a recycle.bin there so that you
can put files in the trash even on a digital recorder. I personally am not so
worried about those files, but i know friends who are worried that they will
grow unproportionally as you through things in the trash, so what it all boils
down to is: Is there a way of bypassing the trash alltogether and simply delete
the files right away, rather like you do in that other dreaded operating system
if you so desire?
Sorry for the somewhat longish post and thanks in advance for any help.
/Krister.