When I get the busy messages in Web Kit on m.facebook.com, I hit command-l,
enter. That refreshes the page, and then I can zoom around like I always did.
You can still like or command stuff, but you have to click with the mouse
either by using Voiceover or the physical mouse.

I can understand why many are frustrated with the mobile site changes, but
according to a reliable source, facebook has actually explained why they're
doing this. I imagine there's a blog entry somewhere. The long story short is
that the site is being optimized for modern mobile browsers which can handle
more complex pages. Such is the case with platforms such as iOS, Android,
Blackberry, etc. Also, keep in mind that a mobile site means it's designed for
*mobile* browsers. Desktop users are meant to use the main site. I think more
people need to speak up regarding the main site or speak the the companies who
make screen readers which are unable to handle complex web sites such as
facebook's. That's just my two cents though. I do not intend to start some huge
debate over this.

Rose