This seems to be a bug with VO. I had fun adventures with Apple engineers to
try to figure it out, and they were left stumped and assuring me they were
going to obtain a Focus 40 and test it. Naturally, I don't know the outcome of
all this, but I hope it turns into something positive. Meanwhile, I either wait
awhile and the uSB sometimes spontaneously starts to work after about twenty
minutes, or I use Bluetooth. Sorry. I do hope this gets resolved, because I
bought a Focus 40 specifically to use with my Mac, since the Braille Lite
wasn't compatible.

HTH,
Teresa