Hi,
No, you are not expected to do anything at all. The short answer is that iTunes
has to retrieve information about the station you just selected before playing.
The longer answer is that it is a routing message, iTunes retrieves the
station's streaming URL from its database and occasionally, the database is a
bit slow in responding.