I know if you type port install that is to install a package, but how do you remove?

port remove? package name?

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "William Windels" <william.wind...@gmail.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 4:52 PM
Subject: macports: installing cdrecord , help needed

Hello all,

I have successfully installed macports and as test, I installed lynx, te text browser. Perhaps useless with vo in the terminal but it's a test and I can remove it.

I was looking for cdrecord, a program on the console to burn cd's with different options.
It can be a faster way to burn something.
Unfortunately, cdrecord isn't in the sourcelist like it's after installing macports.
I suppose , you can add new sources like with apt-get in debian gnu/linux.
I'll find how to do that in the guide but, I don't know if it exist and on which source it should be available.
The command: port search cdrecord gives no results.

Thx alot for your comments,

best regards,
William Windels