Are you having issues?

First of all there is not always a junk folder. By default the Mac just puts a
flag indicating the message is junk, but leaves it in the inbox.

However if you enabled the junk folder in your preferences then command-6
should open the folder.  Note: however that GMAIL has a "SPAM" folder which is
not (by default) linked to your Junk folder on the Mac.  If you want them
linked which might get confusing since both hte  Mac and Google can put items
in the folder and learn  correctly or incorrectly from each other what to
expect as Junk.

So if the previous sentence makes sense and you do want to link Google's SPAM
with Mail's junk then do the following.

1. Find the SPAM folder and select it.
2. from the Mailbox menu find Use this mailbox for  and select junk.

After you do this there might be a new folder in your google account with the
messages you had marked as spam.  It is also possible that the "Mailbox
behavior" section of the account preferences has an option dealing with
local/remote storing of junk.

Jonathan