too much. it's about £80 over hear for home premium x64. ultimate is about 300. In answer to the question though, microsoft officially only allow you to install on 1 machine, whether physical or virtual.

however, this limitation has never stopped me activating (i've had to reinstall several times), and if it does use the phone activating option, wait till you get put through to tech support, and tell them you just rebooted your computer.