The way I prefer to do it is to pull up someone's timeline with command-u.
Then, you go to the drawer, go to user actions, and then follow. If you don't
see the drawer, go to the toolbar and hit the drawer button. That should pop it
out. Yu can use the drawer on any tweet you've selected with your VO cursor.

Hth,
Rose