Greetings all,

Thanks much to Chris, Zack and anyone else who might be willing to spend some
time getting me started.

I compiled a simple c++ file via the g++ command.  Despite receiving no
indication of an error, the executable did not reflect my changes.  My error
may be relevant, so I'll mention it here.  I changed an expression in the cout
statement from "intVar ** 2"  to "intVar * intVar" and then the resulting
executable reflected my changes.  Other than changing the cout statement, I
presume there is a way to know when a newer version does not compile?  I did an
ls, but there did not appear to be a listing file.

TIA for any/all suggestions and best regards.
Geoff