Matt,

I neglected to mention that the only way to put the damned SMC cable modem into
(effectively) bridge mode is to pay an extra $15 a month for a single static
IP. I ain't gonna do that. I can't switch out the modem either on this type of
account and would not make sense to do so since as a business-class customer I
benefit from having such a device in a few ways. Needless to say if I can't
find a solution, I may have to bite the bullet and change everything, but I'll
hold out for a while yet.

Thanks,

Scott