From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Naama Shang
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:55 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: yorufukurou question

I've seen this happen if you have quick nav turned on. If you have it on, you
need to turn it off before doing this.
Naama
On 19 Jul 2011, at 13:57, Richard Ring wrote:

> Thanks for your help! It worked this time. I guess I didn't understand the
> power of go to user. Now, for a final problem.
Whenever I attempt to reply to a tweet by pressing enter while focused on a
particular tweet, I end up replying to a
completely different user.  Why is this happening, and is there a way to fix it?
> Thanks for any help anyone can give.
>
> On Jul 18, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Zachary Kline wrote:
>
>> Dear Richard,
>> Can you not see any tweets by this user, that is, are they protected?  You
>> should be able to go to the table and find a
tweet, it doesn't matter which one.  After finding one the drawer should show
the user's information.  From there, following
should be easy enough.
>> Best,
>> Zack.
>> On Jul 18, 2011, at 10:18 AM, Richard Ring wrote:
>>
>>> Perhaps I should attempt to clarify my question.  I want to follow a
>>> Twitter user that I am not following, and whose
tweets, therefore, I am not seeing.  Here's what I did.  First, I interacted
with the toolbar.  I found the "drawer" button.
I pressed that button.  I stopped interacting.  The item called "drawer" was
then visible on my screen.  I interacted with
the "drawer" and a series of statistics about the user whose tweet I had most
recently read appeared.  I found the user
action menu.  In this menu is nothing that would me to follow a brand-new user.
 I could unfollow the user whose tweet I had
most recently read, but there was nothing in that menu that would allow me to
set up a new follower.  I then closed that
menu, stopped interacting with the drawer and pressed command u.  A dialog box
opened.  I interacted with it.  I pressed VO
space and a large list of users appeared.  Amazingly enough, I was able to find
the user I wanted to follow.  I stopped
interacting with the combo box, pressed the go to user button.  Then, i
interacted with the drawer again.  This time, all
that showed were a lot of blank statastics for yorufukurou, as if that was the
user.  Ther was, no menu button at all.  I am
completely at a loss as to how to proceed.

the drawer will say "User action menu, button". Press that, and you'll find a
following status option. Right arrow and press
carriage return on "Follow".

a user and follow from there in the same way.

greatly appreciated.