Hello David,

First, thank you for signing your name at the end of your email; this is
very considerate.

Second, you wrote:
Hi folks.
Has anyone here any experience using this NAS Iomega StorCenter
ix2-200 as a remote harddrive for the iTunes library?
My music library grows monthly, and I need space to store it on.
By now, I have 2 Macs and one Windows computer.
I think I'll go for iTunes as the default music application if there
arn't any better ideas.
Does this sound like a good solution?
If not, do you have good alternatives for this purpose?

Answer:
Dave, I use the iOmega Store Center drives on my home network.  I find them
to be very intuitive to configure and, unlike some competitors, they do not
install or force one to see additional folders on Desktops in an attempt to
make the NAS simpler.

Caution:  be sure to make backups of your NAS for when a NAS drive goes bad,
it can be almost impossible to recover the data without incurring serious
financial expense.

I use 3 iOmega Store Center drives on my network and I back each one up on a
USB drive, made by a different company, and store these USB drives off-site.

Also, beware of room temperature when running NAS drives.  Even though many
of these drives are rated to run at what many would consider to be high
temps, I find them more reliable when running in a cooler environment; to
that end, I have a tiny fan that I keep focused on all three of my network
drives.  I got the fan at Target for about $17.

Finally, David, take the time to go through the configuration interfaced of
the drive said interface being completely accessible from within Safari; in
order to familiarize yourself with the drive.  After all, if you're going to
use it as your server source, you need to really understand how it works.

Good Luck,

Mark