Hi Carolyn,

If you really want to get the best result you possibly can and you are not completely confident in doing it yourself, you may want to get a professional to do it.

I've not done work like this with LPs, but I have with cassettes and it can be fairly exacting work if you want to do a good job with it. Each recording may require its own particular tweeking to get the best results.

However, I've also heard stories about people who have had this sort of work done by people they've paid and been unhappy with the results.

Given this, you may want to get someone to do one piece and see what you and those you trust think about the work before getting them to do any more. This way, if you actually don't like it, you've only paid for a bit and not the whole lot to be done.

HTH,
Geoff.