Right,

Now downloads is like a pop up.  When your downloading something, stop
interacting with the html content and go to the toolbar and interact.  You will
find the download button in here.  Press it and the familiar downloads window
will appear.  I've set a hot spot on the download button to get to it quicker.

hth