Hello.  Sometimes, you can hit Command+w to close the window of the application
you are in.  Then you can hit Command+q.  If I am in a web site that I don't
want Safari to remember the next time I start it, I hit Command+w to close that
window. Then, I hit command+q to close the actual application.  If I do that,
the next time I start Safari, it starts on the home page, which is Google in my
case.  I would think you could use Command+w with other applications besides
Safari.

Ryan Mann
rmann0...@gmail.com
Follow me on Facebook.