Hello Paul,

I was only able to drag a folder away from the favorites bar using the old drag
and drop method:
Move the VO cursor over to the folder you want to remove, in the Favorites bar.
Move the mouse cursor to where the VO cursor is with VO Command F5
Press the mouse button down with VO Command space bar
Stop interacting with the Favorites bar and move the VO cursor to the Mailboxes
table.
Move again the mouse cursor to the VO cursor with VO Command F5
Release the down mouse button with VO Command Space bar.

And that's it.

Hope it helps,
André

On Aug 6, 2011, at 11:24 AM, Paul Erkens wrote:

> Hi Teresa and list,
>
> That is clear so far. How would you go about removing an item from the
> favorites bar? I spent some time yesterday, trying to figure it out, but
> while making an alias to a mailbox inside the favorites bar is easy now that
> I know how to do it, it is not as easy to undo that. Any idea how that can be
> done? I'm asking because the favorites bar has a few items by default, that I
> want to remove.
>
> Paul.
> On Aug 5, 2011, at 7:17 PM, Teresa Cochran wrote:
>
>> Hi, Paul,
>>
>> The favorites bar contains shortcuts or "aliases" to the actual mailboxes.
>> What you will want to do is use VO drag-and drop. Move the item from the
>> favorites bar to the mailbox list with VO-comma and VO-period to drag and
>> drop respectively.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Teresa
>> On Aug 5, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Paul Erkens wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Brian and list,
>>>
>>> I managed to drag my private inbox to the favorites bar, so that it is
>>> easily reachable. I learned how to do that on this list. It is very useful,
>>> given the command 1 etc options. But now, is it possible to remove an item
>>> present in the favorites bar? There is an aggregate inbox that I'd like to
>>> get rid of, and also the sent items item is of little use to me in the
>>> favorites bar. Here's what I tried so far.
>>> 1. Delete and fn delete, with the v o cursor on the mailbox to remove, in
>>> the favorites bar. . However, since mail cannot know where the voiceover
>>> cursor is, this won't do it.
>>> 2. I moved the mouse to the favorites bar and to the mailbox I wanted to
>>> remove. V o command f5 gets the mouse pointer over to where the v o cursor