Hello Chris,

If you want to apply a text description to an image without the audience seeing
it, you can use the Comment command from the Insert menu. This creates a sticky
note in the centre of the slide and positions the text pointer in it ready for
you to type your comment.

When you export to PDF, select the Export slides with notes radio button. When
the presentation is played, these sticky notes are not shown.

If this doesn't solve your problem, let me know.

Cheers,

Anne