I have a friend who wishes to have characters deleted in the traditional way to
how it is done in Windows.  She just purchased a Mac.  WE were unable to brink
up System Preferences with VO F8, not certain why that did not work for her.
She loaded VoiceOver, although I could not hear it, but she indicated VoiceOver
was on.  Is there another way to get to System Preferences other than the
shortcut keystroke?  Thanks.

Les