Apple already makes a settop box called AppleTV. I'm assuming if they make an actual TV ( iTV ?) it would simply be a merging of AppleTV and a screen since the currently manufacture both as separate products. Only new bit would be some kind of tuner since the current box is just a streaming media thing. Nice thing would be that, being built on AppleTV, it should be pretty accessible unlike many settop boxes and tv on screen displays.

Some commentary on liklihood of an Apple branded TV here:

CB