Sharing here in case others have not seen this. Google should know how diverse access is these days, and that keeping the baseline access in place helps everyone.

Share far and wide,
Karen

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:59:18 -0700
Subject: Google working to improve its accessibility

Google is announcing work that is in progress to increase the accessibility
of its products. The announcement says:
we hope these improvements will make it easier to use our products.
To answer your questions and discuss how our accessibility updates affect
blind users, we*d like to invite you to join us for a webinar on September
21.  We will be focusing on updates for Google Docs, Google Sites and
Google Calendar.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 12:00pm-1:00pm PT
Sign up here<
https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dENrOHBmV2FXaHhUQUt3QVBMY1k4Q3c6MQ

To learn more about accessibility features in Google Apps, please visit our
help center
<http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?&answer=1631886.

For information more generally about using Google products with screen
readers, how to send us feedback and how to track our progress, visit
google.com/accessibility.

It's never too late to become what you might have been. George Eliot
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.  Christopher Reeve
Norman Coombs norm.coo...@gmail.com

Making Online Teaching Accessible: Inclusive Course Design for Students
with Disabilities by Norman Coombs published by Jossey-Bass Oct 10,2010
http://www.josseybass.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470499044.html