Hi all,
In fact my friend Rita wishes to join the list. I am including her address in the to field hoping a mod can subscribe her. I wrote privately about this a while back, but it seems she still cannot join.
for the moment though I am going to post her questions and share the answers.
she has snow leopard, 10.6.8, running on a mac mini.

She wants to clean up her disc. Forgive me if this seems strange, but I have never read of anyone needing to run defrag on their mac, but such is her goal. needful? if so, how is it best done?
its all mac, no virtual box with windows.
Her next question is one know that gets asked allot, so think in terms of her specific edition of snow leopard. best voiceover friendly word processor? I know there is a recent edition of open office, how is iworks these days? She is a professional writer, so I think needs more than textedit.
I recall a person posting an entirely different writing program in fact?

Thanks for the house wisdom usual,
Karen