Don't think you need VoiceOver for Rosetta. Had it on my iMac G4, running
Panther, then upgraded to Tiger; and, cannot remember needing to use
VoiceOver. But that was 3 years ago when it died in a dozen rapid-fire
property lightning strikes. I believe that the CDs/DVDs (?) had its own
voice. When trying to learn Dutch, I turned off the visual [spelling of the
words] and just listened to the Dutch … learnt it much easier that way.
Surely do miss my Rosetta Languages; but, don't think I'll ever be able to
buy them again. They cost me way over $400.00 back in 2003!

Good luck, have fun with Rosetta; and, please let me how it is working out
for you. Would love to buy the discs again for my Leopard and Snow Leopard
MacBook Pros!

JG