Hi,

You can have your notes not created in your inbox by going to mail prefs and
looking under composing, choose on my Mac in the create note using pop up menu.
 The thing I don't like about this is, when you do this the notes you create on
your Mac are not pushed to your other devices.  I prefer to have my notes
created in iCloud for this reason.

hth

Ricardo Walker
rwalker...@gmail.com