I am not sure about jaws since I have nvda. I do agree that the
payment cycle for jaws is ridiculous. While I have not yet had reason
to test out the ocr in nvda, I have heard that it is easier to use and
just as accurate as the one in jaws. In any case, vo ioes not have it,
and I think it should. For instance, I have heard of people using ocr
to access dvd menus or inaccessible installers. While installers seem
to always be accessible on the mac, I know viewing dvds can't be
accessible and so ocr would help there.