So in Chrome preferences, under Basics, at the very bottom is the Default Browser setting which should have a button which says "Make Google Chrome my default browser". After that should be some text that says "The default browser is current Google Chrome" if you have this set. Does yours say it is set correctly? If so, what are you doing that you expect a web browser to come up? Are you actioning a link in an email? When you do that Safari is coming up instead?

CB