Hi.

Would love to, only I'm not sure if it's my old friend, the  Finder problem,
or my own ignorance that is stopping me.  I go to bootcamp assistant.  Since
I do not want to have a bootcamp partition I uncheck the boxes to create a
bootcamp partition and to create a Windows install disk.  I leave the
download tools and burn to disk option and then proceed.  After about ten
minutes the tools have been downloaded.  I then get a prompt to burn them to
my superdrive.  The drive whirls up, seems to  write, then I get an error:

The burn to the Superdrive failed because there was a media error.  I click
through this and then it gives me an option to enter my account name and
password to get some helper tools.  I do this, and  I get a message, the
windows support software has been saved.  Install this windows support
software after installing windows.  Quit.

Press quit and I am out of bootcamp assistant.  When I take the failed disk
and put it into my PC it's a perfectly good disk ready to be written to.

I think I have well established by now that my ignorance in this particular
matter is abundant.  Not sure what I am doing wrong, and even if I can get
the boot camp drivers onto a disk how will I be able to access that disk
from inside Windows when Windows says I can't access that drive without the
boot camp drivers?

Again, appreciate everyone's patience.

Bill