Hi again,
I ask this because of the technically smart folks here, and as at least I can tell, it might be a solution that helps both parties. remember, or still using for that matter, books recorded in 15/16 ips? nls, rfb&d all produced that way, and those allowing for production had little fear where copyright was concerned. Why cannot such a format be created, wider than Dasi I mean, to insure the same access and copyright protection?
say an. act format, for accessible text.
Either any application like the kindle or nook slated for educational use would be required to read them in all formats, or they could not sell / distribute their apps for other products, and or ebook producers would be required to create an act format of their book just as they might for the kindle or nook, or if the books are phone / ap specific, to be used with whatever apps /phones they are producing the books for now. I am not saying that cannot sell the books, although some should be provided for educational purposes, much as textbook publishers would get books to learning ally. What I am saying is that a single consistent accessible format should be created that insures everyone can read, while protecting content creators. I may be missing a detail, I do not read this way because the readers do not exist.
still, what is wrong technically with the idea?
The legal mandate would be rather simple actually, by comparison.

Karen