If the headings are marked in the file, then yes.  If not, I set web spots
where I stop reading.  Sometimes these are saved across VO sessions and
sometimes they aren't.  The find feature also works well if you remember the
name of the chapter you stopped reading, and some books have a table of
contents with links.

Hope this helps.

-Greg