I haven't had a landline in over 3 years since I first got Sprint cell service. I would only do it to satisfy one of these employers, if they were one of them that doesn't use a voip setup of their own. I don't even know if my landlord could make it work because they would have to split the jack in two between the line and intercom so that the line could be pure, so to speak. As things normally are, if a visitor buzzes, they're patched straight up, and I don't know where the in progress call goes because I don't have the line active to see. Once people truely go mostly cell, I'd like to see how they will hook into that to get people in as they can't patch into a cell tower that's probably not in the building.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cameron Strife" <came...@cameronstrife.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: i-pod touch question?

Hi. I'd avoid going the land line route all together if it were me. It
would work using Skype and a bluetooth headset. Another option would
be to use magic jack and a mac book air for example, or, what about a
Skype phone? That could also have a dedicated number like magic jack
would... All of those options would be cheaper than a second land
line.

Just throwing that out there...

Cameron.