Frank,

If you only want to see the contents of that specific calendar, you will first
need to uncheck all of the other calendars. Because as you may have figured
out, even when selecting that calendar in the calendar table, the calendar
shows all events from all calendars.
So, uncheck those calendars you are not interested in and that should do the
trick.