Naturally, if the moderator deems this discussion verboten, I will refrain
further, but I would feel remiss not to point out the following for
consideration:
1. As of several hours ago, there was nothing on the FBI's official web site
regarding an investigation, nor were there any press releases or other
comparable references to an investigation of the movie vault. A reference would
be appreciated; mere speculation or rumor could be deemed libelous.

2. The problem industries have with illegal file-sharing is loss of revenue.
Since, at least in the United States, there is virtually no way to purchase
audio-described movies or television shows, the industry is not being cheated
of revenue.
3. The files are straight audio, with no ability, for example, to "watch" with
sighted peers while having the benefit of the audio description. This is not at
all remotely similar to downloading a film for the family to watch. That being
said, the vast majority of the sighted community does this with impunity, even
though many of the shows and movies they download can be seen for free when
they are are shown on television. We, on the other hand, cannot even enjoy full
access to these shows when they *are* on television. Either they are not
audio-described at all, or it is not easy to turn on the secondary audio
channel, or a particular station only carries foreign language broadcasts on
the SAC rather than audio description. Comparing access to audio-described
movies and shows in mp3 format to the type of file-sharing which goes on 24/7
on hundreds and thousands of sites is a stretch.
4. If the government and/or the involved industries  wish to do something about
the existence of resources like the movie vault, the former should mandate, and
the latter should provide a market from which we can obtain these items. I have
been able to watch a non-described movie with others after listening to an mp3
file and tell another blind person what is going on thanks to that previous
experience.  My two blind children have been able to enjoy fare which their
peers enjoyed months or years ago. Until the entertainment industry levels the
playing field, I will utilize resources like the movie vault with the same
guiltless pleasure I take in bookshare.org (and, by the way, it is possible to
download books from bookshare.org which are available commercially.) We cannot
use the Kindle as others do.  WE cannot use the Nook.  We are severely limited
in what we can access independently when it comes to entertainment, and we must
even still fight for access to education at every level, despite technological
advances. Holding us to the same standards as the vast majority of illegal
file-sharers is  legally, morally, and economically inequitable.

Christine