Hi everyone!
I figured this out today and thought I'd share it here in case it helped anyone
else.
Just in case it matters, I didn't make smart mailboxes, only regular dumb ones.
<grin.> When I'd arrow through my mailboxes table to choose a mailbox, then
when I'd tab back to the messages table VO would only  read one icon, rather
than reading all that I'd chosen. First I figured out that each time I selected
a mailbox, if I then exited mail and opened it again, that first mailbox would
behave properly. Now I've figured out that when I go into the messages table,
if I am on a message, ask VO to interact, VO says no text to interact with,
then I uninteract with this nothing, then everything reads fine in that bunch
of messages.
It shouldn't be, and it's a bit weird, but at least I have a work-around. I'd
be curious to hear from any of you who have multiple mailboxes set up. Oh, by
the way, I'm using pop mail.
Anyway, I hope this helps someone.

Veronica

Watch and hear The Guide Dog Glee Club sing the Star-spangled Banner at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQNLclisGqQ
Then find more music from The Guide Dog Glee Club and Veronica Elsea at
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Veronica Elsea, Owner
Laurel Creek Music Designs
Santa Cruz, California