While I'm sure others can give you more specifics, I should point out that if you go to the Mac platform you can avail yourself of some safety nets to enable running Windows apps on the same machine. You don't have to go 'cold turkey' and if you check the archives for discussions of VMWare Fusion and BootCamp you'll find out more. Generally VMWare is an application which has a virtual Intel PC in a window so you can install Windows, Jaws, Word etc and use it right along side the Mac apps, or set it full screen to make your mac basically into a temporary Windows box. The virtualization has some overhead (performance) impact but this generally works well. BootCamp is more hardcore where you actually partition your hard drive and make your mac boot into Windows. Turns out MacBooks are actually some of the faster Windows machines out there when set up this way. Of course it's a double-edged sword since having the fallback of your old Windows apps on your mac means you might not put forth the effort to learn and get comfortable with the new system, but it's nice to know you don't have to make a mutually exclusive choice.

CB